I have recently faced with the duplicate contacts on our users’ Blackberry devices. There are two solutions of this problem.
NOTE: Both solutions have been tested in BES 4.1 + Exchange environment
One solution is the RIM KB04227 article, “Contacts are duplicated on the BlackBerry smartphone after wireless synchronization”
Another solution is an undocumented feature
- Open Contacts on Blackberry
- Press Blackberry button and select Options
- On Options screen just type rset. Just four letters. There is no any field to type the info in, however, just type it.
- The message comes up asking if you want to clean up the contacts. Say Yes.
- Confirm the resynchronization with BES. In a minute or two the contacts will be repopulated from BES
This feature does not work on all Blackberry, however, it did work on my 8900