I received a request from the user who got her files and folders on a network drive inaccessible. They were crossed out with a grey cross.
The reason is a corrupted cache for offline files. Here Microsoft explains how to re-initialize the cache. The procedure is the following:
- Start regedit.
- Locate the following registry subkey, and then right-click it:
- Point to New, and then click Key.
- Type Parameters in the box.
- Right-click Parameters, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit)Value.
- Type FormatDatabase, and then press Enter.
- Right-click FormatDatabase, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.